FR Conversions specializes in rear entry conversions with minimal structural alterations.
Mobility vans are constructed on the Dodge Caravan platform (2008 model and newer), and the Toyota Sienna model (2011 and newer).
Depending on the vehicle, modifications are available in both a long cut (full cut), that accommodates two wheelchairs, or taxi cut (half cut), that accommodates one wheelchair.
All conversions are available in configurations that accommodate up to seven passengers, and include a 3 year, 36,000 mile conversion warranty.
Mobility Van Conversion Features
- All modifications are rear loading assisted systems without electronic components.
- Manual, spring-assisted ramp (34” wide by 47”) well inside ADA requirements.
- All vehicles include seat belts and tie downs.
- Unique ramp securement system for a quiet, comfortable ride.
- Q-straint retractable tie-downs included.
- Commercial grade flooring and ramp to assist ease of entry and traction: rugged, easy-clean & skid resistant.
- Vehicle reinforcement with welded steel cap bumpers (exclusive).
- Triple seam design welding for maximum strength and support.
- Custom undercarriage reinforcement system and reinforced rear-bumper assembly.
- Proprietary hydrophobic super-viscous undercoating.
- All parts are powder coated for superior corrosion protection.
- New firewall and quiet exhaust system .
- Lightweight aluminum ramp, with cut outs for mud or snow.
- Height from floor to opening of rear hatch (straight drop) is 58” height exceeding ADA requirement of 56”.
- Industry’s widest ramp (34” wide)
- Accommodates two wheelchairs.
- All vehicles include middle row passenger seating, straps, and tie downs.
- Options for second row seats (on the Long Cut) include OEM remounts or Freedman Aftermarket high-back seats. Aftermarket seats allow for a standard size wheelchair (3026”) to be placed in forward position.
- The “super” inside tub measures at 102” long by 34” wide, the widest available space on a Dodge Caravan. (Compared to most conversions which only offer a 32” wide tub).
- Custom aftermarket Transfer Flow fuel system with 3 year/60,000 mile warranty.
- Accommodates one wheelchair.
- Inside tub measures at 64” long by 34” wide
- OEM fuel system.
- All our vehicles are fully crash tested
- All FR Conversions’ vehicles meet or exceed all federal highway safety standards and ADA requirements, including FMVSS (Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards) and CMVSS (Canadian) requirements.
- Crash Tests include FMVSS: 214 Instrumented Side Impact Seat Belt Testing and FMVSS 301 Frontal, Side and Rear with Static Rollover Testing
Standard FR Conversions packages are available on Dodge Caravan (2008 -newer) and Toyota Sienna (2011- newer). We have VW Routan, Chrysler Town & Country, and Ford Transit Connects as well.